Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Early morning dreaming

Early this morning I was having a dream about my mom's mom. She died a couple of years ago. Since she was the one who taught me to crochet, it was a big loss for me. I've always heard that when you have a dream about someone that's passed on, that's their way of telling you that they're OK. In my dream she was wearing the same kind of housecoat that I always remember her wearing.

Then today we went over to my parent's for Christmas. As part of my gift, I received Hooked: A Crocheter's Stash of Wit and Wisdom by Kari Cornell. I read the first essay before taking a nap. It talked about how crochet is passed on from person to person, generation to generation. As I said, my grandmother taught me to crochet. And now I'm passing the craft on to others.


I'd like to think that she's looking down on me and that the dream was her way of telling me that she's proud of what I'm doing.

No comments: