With the hubby out of town I decided it was the perfect time to wash his pillows. That way, even if they took forever to dry, no one was put out.
However, I didn't take into account that these stupid pillows had some sort of plastic type coating on them. The first one out of the washing machine didn't seem to soak up too much water. I did have to squeeze it out a bit, but nothing too serious.
The second one was a different story. I'm not kidding you, I bet this one soaked up 4 gallons of water. I didn't measure, but that's about how much I'm estimating I squeezed out.
This is the part that may require your imagination.
I took that second pillow out on the deck and let it sit in the sun for at least an hour. When I went out to get it, I picked it up and felt water sloshing around inside it. Yes, it was still holding TONS of water. At this point I hung it over the edge of the deck so the water could drip out. And it kind of did. But not really. So I had to take the corners and act as if I were milking a cow. I milked a pillow. It was really strange. But, if we ever move to a farm, I guess I'm prepared.