Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bloated

OK, I'm going to say this and then I'm going to post about something more positive. I'm not sure what that is yet, but I'll figure it out.

Hubby is in the hospital...still.

After surgery last night the difficult recovery process began. First he thought he was having another heart attack. Blood enzymes and the EKG came back normal.

I talked to him at 7 this morning. He hadn't slept, his reflux was problematic, he was in a lot of pain, and in the night, one of his incisions had come open causing him to bleed a lot. Not a great first night.

By the end of the day he was not doing better and his abdomen was firm. It's not supposed to be.

Either tonight or tomorrow he's having another surgery to relieve the pressure. That's what I know. Not much, but enough to make me worry. If you're the praying type, say one for us, please.

1 comment:

Four Dorks said...

I'm so glad to hear an update-I lost the phone for a day or two so I couldn't call. Argh, being in the hospital recovering from surgery is so awful-I am the praying type and will be keeping you guys in my prays and in my mind this week! Best of luck to everyone.