Sunday, March 30, 2008

I be busy!

It's been a long day. Heck, it's been a long weekend.

Saturday night the munchkin started throwing up. She threw up twice in two hours, so we went right to the suppositories. It's to the point where she hates the sight of a rubber glove. I can't say I blame her. The medicine made her sleepy, but she still had a restless night with me in the chair. She seems to be fine today. She's eaten several things, and so far, everything has stayed down. That's a relief.

Then, I spent a good portion of the day doing housework. I cleaned the tub, toilets, did dishes, did laundry, cleaned floors, dusted, vacuumed, etc. I also made dinner. Glad to know that the bulk of the housework is done so that I can relax this week.

Now, for the fun stuff. I've been doing a lot of reading this weekend. I've been reading for my work book group. I also grabbed The Fred Factor. It's all about giving an excellent service experience every time. Boy, can I relate. I made a phone call yesterday where I didn't get great service, and then another one a little later where I did. That second time, I talked to a Fred.

I decided I needed to finish a UFO this weekend. It might still happen, but I'm not counting on it. I pulled out a scarf I had started a couple of months ago. You can check it out here. I got into row 5 of 7 and figured out I'd made a mistake about 2 rows back. So, I frogged it. But the yarn I'm using is beautiful. It's a variegated I've had hanging around for a while, but never found a solid to go with. I'm planning to at least get back to the point where I started frogging before going to bed.

The munchkin has had a bath and is ready for bed whenever I can make that happen. She had a long nap, so who knows when she'll actually be ready.

Maybe I can actually come up with something profound to write about one of these days. I do have an idea. Give me some time to see if it comes to fruition.

Sorry for the few posts lately. Ever just feel like you don't have it in you?

No comments: