Saturday, April 19, 2008

When it rains

Why does it seem like, sometimes, you just can't catch a break? I went out for lunch with a friend from work yesterday. I was so excited because we were heading for one of my favorite restaurants, Guadalajara's. I rarely get to go there because my dad doesn't like it, they don't have a lot of food for the munchkin, and, with the hubby house-bound for several months of the year, I just rarely make it there. After all, it's not really the kind of place you go alone.

I turned on my phone to see if there were any messages from the hubby. Sure enough, he had sent me a text. He asked me to call when I could. I called, and was once again smacked in the face with the reality that has become de rigueur for us lately. The hubby had fallen down the steps. His left knee went out from under him, and since he had recently gotten a cortisone shot in his right shoulder, tried to tuck and roll to avoid causing further damage to his already bad shoulder.

In the end, he hit the back of the shoulder, hurt his back worse than it already was, and today his hip is hurting quite a lot.

And the hits just keep on coming. So, rather than heading North to see family today, we are hibernating. Bad things happen in threes. Between his heart attack last month, news that he will have to have double bypass at some point, and now this, I'm asking, no, begging, can we be done for a little while?

No comments: