Sunday, June 15, 2008

Never would have thought

This Friday I did something I never thought I would ever do. I got acupuncture. Crazy, right?

Some of you will remember that in late January I was rear-ended by a 94-year-old man. I've had constant pain since then. Yes, the pain has diminished, but I still experience constant pain and achiness in my neck and back.

After the recent issue with physical therapy, the hubby, my doctor, my lawyer and I all decided that PT had outlived its usefulness. With that in mind, my doctor recommended I see a Physiatrist. Of course, he only comes here once a month, so I had to wait for a while to see him.

However, he made me feel comfortable right away. Until he mentioned acupuncture. Hubby and I had discussed it and decided that I would do whatever this man asked of me. So, I let him put needles in my hands, my feet, my ears, and my scalp. And never again will I doubt that which can not be explained.

He got results. I'm surprised, but it worked. I'm going back next month. I'll also be seeing a different person to do acupuncture for the three weeks in between. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

m--e said...

Acupuncture works... 1.3 billion Chinese can't be wrong, right?

Jon got acupuncture for about a month after he pinched a nerve in his shoulder. Other co-workers get it and have noticeable improvement.

I hope it continues to work well for you!!