Monday, June 30, 2008

A little MIA

I know it's been a couple of days since I posted on here. Things have been hectic around here.

A couple of weeks ago, the hubby and his doctor decided it would be best for him to have gastric bypass surgery. His necessary caloric intake due to the diabetes, coupled with the mess his body's in from his accident 30 years ago, makes it nearly impossible for him to lose the weight he needs to. So that's been stressing me.

Now I'm sitting here waiting to hear about my grandfather. He's been going downhill for a couple of weeks now. Tonight we got word that he's been unresponsive all day and has stopped breathing several times. Mom and dad went to see him. I need to remember him the way I last saw him. He wasn't looking good, but at least he still sort of looked like Grandpa.

It's been a rough couple of days. We're all just trying to hang in there the best we can.

Sorry for all the doom and gloom. It's the best I can do today.

No comments: