Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Big move in my crochet world







I am taking a huge step tomorrow. I am going to an actual LYS (Local Yarn Store). And I'm going to spend (potentially) lots of money on high-end yarn. I found this pattern in the coolest crochet magazine ever, Interweave Crochet.

I love this scarf. So, I'm going to spend my money and make the scarf. I was talking with Mom about it and telling her that it's quite possibly a 30-40 dollar scarf. She made a very good point...it would cost me three times that in a boutique. Plus, this way I'll be able to say I made it.

2 comments:

Monroegirl said...

Wow! That's so cool! Looks like tatting almost. Fun! Enjoy!

mrswade said...

I can't wait to get started. Unfortunately, unless I wanted a light yellow scarf (not a hit with my skin tone, trust me), I had to order the yarn. It won't be in for at least a week. Not like I don't have other projects though. You should see the hat I'm working on right now. SUPER cute. It's to go with a scarf. They're being sent to my friend in China.