Sunday, January 13, 2008

Of libraries and screaming

Mom and I took the munchkin to the library yesterday while the boys watched some show on the symbols on the dollar bill. The munchkin was wonderful and horrible at the same time.

Munchkin headed straight for the toys. She had a great time playing while mom and I switched off to go find our books. Munchkin got all kinds of Blue's Clues books and other assorted board books.

I got a couple of books that I'm really excited about. A while back I had read a book called The Secret History of the Pink Carnation. I loved it. It's total chick lit. Of the British variety. You absolutely didn't have to think at all when you were reading it. This time, I got the second in the series, The Masque of the Black Tulip. I can't wait to start it.

But first, I'm reading a book I read several times in my childhood, Agnes Cecilia. I love this book. It has one of my favorite quotes ever. "He was himself and to an unusually high degree." Plus, it inludes a reference to one of my favorite of Shakespeare's works, Hamlet.

So, we got all our books and all our other stuff. And then we told the munchkin we were going to leave. She began to throw a fit. She truly is mine. She loves going to the library, picking out her books, checking everything out, but not leaving. I love it!

No comments: