Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sick

I am undeniably sick. The, "I have a cough somewhere in my lungs and and nothing moves in my lungs no matter how hard or how often I cough." kind of sick. The kind of coughing that gives you a headache, makes every muscle in your body ache, and makes the bed quake every time you're wracked with a coughing spasm.

And, of course, I need to be at work tomorrow. If I don't go to the doctor, it will turn into pneumonia. But if I do go, she'll tell me there's nothing wrong with me that time won't cure.

I caught this last weekend and was surprised and pleased at how mild it seemed. HA! Mild my foot. Friday night this weekend it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm hopped up on Day-Quil, cough drops, vitamin C drops, cold care tea, hot baths, Vick's on the soles of my feet, and anything else I can think of to get myself through this. And I just keep hoping that one of these mornings I'll wake up and find this horrible cough gone, or at least diminishing.

It could be worse. I understand my grandfather on my father's side used to make them eat a tablespoon full of Vick's when they got sick.

No comments: