Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day

I'm a little behind posting about this, but I wanted to tell you all how sweet my husband is. Around 11 a.m. on Valentine's Day my work phone rang. It was an outside call, and I got annoyed because the hubby isn't supposed to be calling me at work very much. Just goes to show that you really ought to think before you get annoyed.

He asked me what I was doing. I told him I was working and asked what he was doing. He told me he was sitting out back of the building where I work, and could I come out for a little bit.

When I got out to his car and opened the passenger door, there were three Hershey's kisses sitting on the center console. I got all excited because I thought that it was incredibly sweet that he would bring me kisses for Valentine's Day. Turns out that two were hugs and two were kisses.
I sat down in the passenger's seat and he proceeded to tell me, "This one is for this year, this one is for last year, and this one," at this point he touched the plain kiss, "is for the year before that because we didn't meet until May." (We met May 8th, 2005)

This alone would have reduced me to a blubbering mess. But when I picked up the kisses he told me that he had one other thing for me. He opened up the center console and pulled out a box from our local jewelry store. Inside was a beautiful opal ring that I had on my wish list there. He's so good to me.

Ladies, I want to tell you, this guy knows what he's doing. Had I gotten only the kisses I would have been thrilled. But instead, I got romance. And romance is worth so much more than any other present.

No comments: