Saturday, November 3, 2007

Looking for help

What you're seeing here is an assortment of images from a show called Wow Wow Wubbzy! that my daughter is obsessed with. I got the idea of crocheting her a Wubbzy doll. I can handle the body easily. And the tail is a snap as well. I'm just not sure how to do the ears, the fingers, the arms, and the legs as all one piece.

The idea that I've come up with, and tell me if you think this will work, is to crochet the body leaving a hole on either side where I can come back, attach the yarn and create the arms. I'd do the same thing at the bottom for the legs.

I see the fingers as more of a challenge. My thought is to crochet the palm and upper portion of the hand and leave four rings of stitches for spots where I can attach the yarn and create the fingers. But I'm open to suggestion. I am SO open. Please help here. I've never done anything like this.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

For the ears...could you just add increase sc or hdc (or whatever stitch you are making it with)and then decrease again where the ears are supposed to be? It would work.

For the fingers I would do each finger separately and go in the round for each decreasing at the top of each to make the end of the finger.

Hope that helps!

Deb said...

I don't see any reason why that shouldn't work. I've always created the pieces separately and sewn them together, but I think your way sounds smarter! Hmmm...I might have to experiment...