Friday, May 23, 2008

Tires are black because they're EVIL


Munchkin stayed with my friend Amy the other day while daycare was closed. On my way home from picking her up, my left rear tire blew out. And I mean it shredded!

I had to wait about half an hour for AAA, but once the guy got there, he was done in 5 mins. I can't complain about that.

The next night munchkin and I went to Wal-Mart to get four new tires. They told me 45 minutes to an hour. Three and a half hours later I was on my way.

Long story short, first they told me they couldn't get the shredded tire off the rim. Come on, you're a tire place. Why are you open if you don't have the right tools? Then they told me that one lug nut on one tire was a locking lug nut and couldn't be gotten off without the key. Wouldn't you know, my key was missing.

It took a long time, and a lot of phone calls, but a pissed hubby and I finally got them to see reason and to get it done. I did end up with a 25% discount and a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart.

Munchkin was a trooper for most of the time. But it was rough. I will never go back there for anything having to do with their car service department. But, I did get great tires at a cheap tire price.

No comments: