Saturday, October 13, 2007

Too profound for a Friday afternoon

On the way home from work yesterday I was listening to my favorite radio station. The topic of the day was "Things everyone should do before they die". My list is short.

1- Have your heart broken.
2- Love someone with your whole heart.
3- Learn to love someone without expecting anything in return.

Yep. Pretty deep. And while I would wish that my munchkin never had to experience the pain of a broken heart, you can't know the wonderful things that come from loving someone with your whole heart if you don't know the pain of having your heart broken. It's that whole highs and lows thing.

I want to hear what your lists include. Don't be shy. And for goodness sake, don't feel the need to get all deep like I did. I've just been thinking a lot lately.

No comments: