Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rough couple of days

Munchkin's been sick and uncomfortable. I hate it when she's like that. I hate that there's nothing I can do to help her. I'm not going to bore you with the details. If you really want to know, I'll tell you. Suffice it to say, it's not polite dinner conversation.

Other than that, we had a good time at Sue's. Not nearly enough time to see and talk to everyone, but we'll take it where we can get it. It was so good to see her and talk to her again. I was pleased that we were able to get together.

I finished The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets. What a wonderful book. I highly recommend it. I plan on reading other books by the same author when I get the chance. I went to the library today. It was my half hour of sanity after dealing with the munchkin and being forced to watch Noggin all day long. I got several interesting books that I can't wait to dive into. I figured it out and I've read six books in less than 4 weeks. That's crazy. But it's been wonderful. I can't wait to keep reading like this. The one I've picked for my next book is non-fiction. I don't read non-fiction a lot, so I may not stay with it. But the back says, "The book will prove, to language geeks, invaluable." I think I'm pretty much a language geek. It also claims that the book "abounds in wisdom and dry wit". Can't wait to get started. I think I'll go and do just that!

No comments: