Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sick day

Yep, I'm home today with a sick munchkin. She is so crabby and is running a temp. Always my favorite combination. So today I've been a combination errand runner, medicine distributor, laundry mistress, housekeeper, mother, wife, and basically all around crab myself. Housework always makes me crabby. Am I alone in this?

Other things of note - our new full-time employee started. Julie's great. We just kind of threw her right in on a project that needed to get done, but not anytime soon. She's been working so hard and trying to feel out her new role. I feel badly for her. It's tough to start in a new group and a new position. But I love the gusto that she's expressed already. She's a positive person and I know I'm going to like having her around. If nothing else, it's great to have another mother in the department.

The other morning on the way to daycare I saw a car filled with inflated balloons. It was too funny. I wish I had a picture. What I wouldn't give to see the look on the owner's face. What a great prank. It will take someone a while to clean it up, but it doesn't hurt the car at all. I'll have to remember that one.

Also, my friend Amy had her baby last night. I know she's happy to have that over with. She was so uncomfortable near the end. Of course, that didn't compare with the discomfort she experienced early on. She was so sick for a long time.

Tomorrow night is book group. Should be a good time. The book was great. And I'm really interested in starting the new one. It's a type I don't read often, so I should learn a lot.

I think that about covers things. Better get back to things. Clothes are done drying and there's plenty more to do.

No comments: