Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back into a book

This has been the weekend for finishing things. I finished Million Dollar Mom and a whole bunch of magazines. So, now I'm back to reading The Amber Room. I had checked this out from the library before, but hadn't finished it. Now, I'm trying to get it done before the hubby gets back to town. I'd like to impress him that I got it done. It's the only book I have right now that I've started but haven't finished.

It was on the display at the library that held all the books that dealt with WWII. I'm always drawn to displays like this because I'm a "more is better" kind of person. I know. In reality, this is not always true. But once I start getting interested in something, I really like to exhaust the subject. I've always been interested in the holocaust, so this seemed right up my alley.


Other than that, the weekend has been pretty tame. Munchkin's been watching a lot of Noggin while I've been reading. We play and do all kinds of things together. But she really does enjoy watching Noggin. And I feel like she's learning stuff. So it's good for everyone involved.


I haven't really done any housework this weekend. I've felt too yucky. Right now I've got a headache and a stomach ache. I'm planning on just chilling for a while. The hubby will understand if the house isn't pristine when he gets home. I'll just do what I can.


Tomorrow's another day at work. Gotta get moving on this system overview. It was assigned to me so my boss can be assured that I know how to do them before she goes on maternity leave. Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. Mostly, I'm just looking forward to having it crossed off my to do list!

No comments: