Friday, July 13, 2007

Post Heavy

OK, I know this is my third post for the day. But I feel like I need a break and some verbal cleansing.
Took a short lunch break with my boss today. She had to go pay for her son's swimming lessons. She dropped me at the library where I got movies and picked up a book I got on inter-library loan. I picked up 5 movies for the hubby and myself. Seems he's already seen 4 of them. Talk about a bummer. And there's a sign asking you to restrict your cell phone use to the library lobby. So I don't exactly feel right about calling him and telling him what they have.

I got the book Million Dollar Mom. It's about how to quit your job and stay home with your kids. Don't go getting any ideas. I don't have any plans to quit my job. I just like the idea of saving money wherever you can. That leaves more money for fun stuff. Like Arts in the Park.

Arts in the Park. Yep, usually a fun thing. Except this year Munchkin is sick, hubby is sick, and I need to be committed. I don't plan on going. Take one sick child, add thousands of people, hot weather and all the junk you have to haul for a small child. This seems like a recipe for disaster to me. I love the food, but there's nothing I NEED there. Yes, mom. I have figured out the difference between want and need. And it's not like the stuff won't be there next year. Maybe I'll be in a better mood by then.

No comments: