Monday, July 30, 2007

Exciting news

Sunday was an exciting day for me. First off, I should tell you that the munchkin spent the night at her grandparent's house. I got some much needed rest. I went to pick her up Sunday morning, and was told by my parents that she had taken 3-4 steps. She has done this before, and then conveniently stopped. She does just enough to make her mother think she's gone off the deep end. But this time it would appear she's really got it. My parents decided that she's so coordinated with her crawling, that she must be able to walk. Yep, she can take a few steps at a time; she just chooses not to. But when she does, she gets so excited. And it would appear that she still finds it more fun to fall. She is so trusting that I am going to catch her!

The other exciting bit was a phone call that I received yesterday evening. My friend Heidi is in town from Miami for a few days. I had been waiting to hear back from her. We are getting together today for lunch. Granted, she's coming to work and we're eating in the lunchroom, but it's better than nothing. I'm looking forward to a little pure, unadulterated girl talk. I want to hear all about this man that she's involved in, what Miami is like, etc.



Other than that, I spent the bulk of my weekend reading and cleaning. I am over halfway through our book club book, She's Come Undone. I am really enjoying it. I know I've read it before, but that was so long ago. Probably ten years. This week is another week at work. But at least I should be able to check a couple of things off my list. I'm looking forward to that. And I have a feeling that my boss won't be spending the whole week at work. I'm guessing she'll go into labor!

No comments: