Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday mornings

They just aren't what they used to be.

I remember sleeping in until noon - sometimes later. I remember eating breakfast in bed. Stuff like potato chips and cookies. I remember not getting out of bed all day.

This morning I'm watching my daughter, as she sits in her high chair, eating Cheerios and clapping and cheering when she sees something on Sesame Street that she particularly likes. She slept until almost 8, and that's now sleeping in for me. What a change. And I wouldn't trade it. Granted, I'd like to sleep later, but those smiles get me every time.

When I walk into her room and she sees me. That great big grin. The hair in her eyes that I get to brush away. The early morning "loves" that I'm lucky enough to receive. I look at my life and realize that there's not a thing that I've given up. I've only traded. And trust me, I've traded up.

No comments: